This website has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.uscdornsifehub.com

Target Book Summer Interns

I hope to have student interns this summer to assist me in publishing the first edition of the CA Target Book for 2011 and would appreciate you getting the word out to as many individuals as possible.

Because this is a redistricting year, the first 2011 edition cannot be published until we know the new congressional and state legislative district lines, which this year is being done by the new Citizens Redistricting Commission.

Under the law, the new lines are required to be approved by the commission no later than August 15.

Therefore, the time frame I will need the interns is during the full month of August.

Requirements:

  • Must be able to travel to and from my home office located north of the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood.
  • Must own a laptop computer.

The interns will assist me in:

  • Working with redistricting experts in Sacramento, UC Berkeley and the Rose Institute in analyzing the new district lines, which includes acquiring new registration figures and vote histories.
  • Profiling possible and likely candidates in potential target districts and open seat districts. In many cases this will require the intern contacting the individual candidates on behalf of the Target Book and talking to key political consultants in the state.

The interns will be paid $10.00 per hour.

In addition to the interns, I may hire a full-time assistant to work with me on a daily during the entire month of August. Pay would be negotiable.

Anyone interested should contact me at my office (310) 205-881, Ex. 2, or e-mail me at targetbook@mac.com

Interested persons will find more information on the CA Target Book by going to www.CaliforniaTargetBook.com.

Allan Hoffenblum
Publisher
California Target Book
(310) 205-8811
Cell: (310) 963-8811